Greater Seattle Business Association (GSBA) Facts
Area of Influence: Seattle Metro, Puget Sound and Western Washington
Annual Budget: $955,000
Tax Status: 501 (C)(6)
- GSBA is the largest Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) and Allied business chamber in the United States.
- GSBA is the second largest business chamber in Washington State.
- GSBA is one of the oldest business chambers of its kind in the United States.
- GSBA members represent nonprofit organizations, sole proprietorships, small-to-medium size businesses and multi-national corporations located in and around Seattle, the Greater Puget Sound Region and Western Washington.
- GSBA offers 50 programs and events throughout the year with five regular monthly programs and four annual events.
- GSBA's annual Guide & Directory enjoys an annual distribution of 35,000 throughout the Puget Sound Region. To date it is the most widely used publication within the regional LGBT community.
- GSBA's website receives monthly hits from more than 5,000 unique users globally
- GSBA produces a monthly newsletter, Perspective, which has a readership of nearly 3,000.
- In 2005 GSBA launched a dynamic online promotion and member discount program called Out for Biz
- GSBA is a founding member of the Western Business Alliance
- GSBA is a founding member of the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- GSBA works collaboratively with other business chambers and nonprofit organizations locally, regionally and nationally.
- GSBA takes a strong advocacy position on behalf of the LGBT community locally, regionally and statewide.
GSBA Scholarship Program Facts
Total Scholarships Awarded: $800,000.00
Total Recipients: 250
Total Scholarships Awarded (with Pride Foundation): $2.2 million
Total Recipients (with Pride Foundation): 600
Tax Status: 501 (C)(3)
- GSBA sponsors the first and still one of the largest scholarship program for LGBT and Allied undergraduate students in the United States.
- In 2005 GSBA jointly awarded in collaboration with the Pride Foundation the one millionth dollar to LGBT and Allied students for scholarship.
Back to Top