Are you a fundraising professional who wants to work with a strong, dynamic team to advance the ADL’s mission? The Associate Director of Development will be a key team member working to develop, plan, and execute targeted community fundraising events to broaden support for ADL of the Pacific Northwest. The Associate Director of Development will identify and cultivate donors and implement targeted solicitation strategies designed to increase the donor base and close gifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the Regional Director in setting fundraising priorities and establishing financial goals for Seattle and other areas in the region.
• Plan, organize, and execute creative, dynamic fundraising events including corporate and professional fundraisers, young leadership events, parlor meetings, and special events. Organize event committee meetings; mentor event chairs and co-chairs. Coordinate event program, honorees and attendees. Work with outside vendors and ensure media coverage and production of related publicity materials for all events. Assign responsibilities and monitor staff and volunteers in preparation for, during, and after the event.
• In consultation with the Regional Director, identify, cultivate, build, and solidify relationships with new and established contributors. Analyze historic patterns of giving and assist in developing strategies to encourage new gifts and increase contributions. Directly solicit and close gifts from prospects and maintain relationships through mail, phone or in-person contacts. Coordinate direct mail campaigns. Ensure that required donor records are maintained.
• Work with the Regional Director to ensure ADL staff and lay leadership are participating in fundraising efforts.
• Participate in programmatic events to define and enhance fundraising potential.
• Coordinate speakers and programs for young professional engagement efforts.
• Contribute to regional management by participating in overall regional office administration.
Participate in special assignments or projects to assist the Regional Director or a representative at the National level.Participate in development-related functions such as marketing, design/preparation of print materials, event logistics, and post-event follow up based on individual skills and office needs.Work in collaboration with Education and Regional Operations to move the ADL mission.
Strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills. The ability to multitask and work efficiently with a small team to produce results. Proven ability to solicit and close gifts.Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills. Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and database management software.A great attitude, strong work ethic, and sense of humor.
Five to seven years of community fundraising experience.Experience in direct solicitation and closing gifts.Event planning experience.
Click here for more information.