We currently have a full-time position for Brewer/Cellar Person located at our main facility. Fremont Brewing is a regional brewery focused on producing high quality beer. We brew a variety of year-round beers, seasonals, and barrel-aged specialty beers. The role of Brewer/Cellar Person is responsible for all brewing related operations. The ideal candidate would possess the required experience, a sincere desire to advance as a professional in the craft brewing industry, while being a motivated team player with a passion for brewing great beer!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for all brewing operations including: cellaring, wort production, cleaning, yeast handling, CIP’s, transferring, centrifuging, fining, etc.
• Responsible for periodic packaging of beer in support of packaging department needs.
• Brewery oak barrel work including: cleaning, filling, emptying, and other associated duties.
• Participating in professional organizations and training opportunities.
• Ensures the highest quality beer is being created in the facility.
• Maintains brewery in a clean, tour-ready state.
• Upholds QA/QC standards.
• Accurate record keeping.
• Performs similar or related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• 1+ years of experience working in a production brewery.
• Must possess a positive, can-do mentality.
• Enthusiasm for cross departmental teamwork is necessary.
• Technical experience with brewing equipment and/or brewing education strongly preferred.
• Able to work first and second shifts and weekends on a rotating schedule.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to positively engage with others.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• A desire to learn and grow as a professional in our industry.
• A love of beer and working in a fun team-oriented environment.
• A great sense of humor and the ability to laugh at oneself.
• A keen sense of the difference between awesomeness and not awesomeness.
• Competence in Microsoft Office and/or similar applications.
• Standing for long periods of time (up to 10 hours per day).
• Ability to move heavy materials (lifting to 55 lbs, moving up to 160 lbs)
• Climbing ladders.
• Ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
• Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending.
• Ability to work in hot and cold environments.
Click here for more information.