The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Community Relations Coordinator
Mar 11, 2019
We are hiring a Community Relations Coordinator! This position works with our branch network and the Director of Community Relations to foster the growth of relationships between Verity and the communities in the neighborhoods we have branch locations. This role primarily provides administrative support to the Community Relations department, plans and supports community events, and oversees select community programs. This position proactively works with the Director of Community Relations to achieve the department’s priority initiatives and goals. Ideal candidates for this role are driven by a passion for helping others, communicate well with diverse audiences, are flexible and adaptive under changing circumstances, organized, and thrive in a collaborative work environment.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth---and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington. We are honored to be a National 101 Best & Brightest Company for the fourth year in a row and one of Seattle Business Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" over the years.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide event planning services on an organizational and branch level
- Provide primary administrative support for the department
- Act as a Verity ambassador and representative internally and externally
- Organize major events such as Verity’s Community Service Day, PrideFest and West Seattle Summer Festival
- Manage Verity’s volunteer, employee matching donation and micro-grant programs
- Write internal and external communications for information and public relations purposes
- Engage in committee work supporting festivals, celebrations, or other community and/or production specific events
- Support the maintenance and development of partnerships with businesses and organizations that are located within Verity’s area of operations
- Work with branch managers and Director of Community Relations to find and evaluate opportunities to increase Verity’s community impact and production opportunities
- Research and recommend opportunities for community-specific volunteer, sponsorship and engagement opportunities
- Host off-hours community events at corporate headquarters
- Work some weekends and week nights
- Regular travel (varies seasonally) within our branch network and in the communities we have locations in
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Experience and Education
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. An associates or bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Experience in a position involving extensive public contact
- Previous experience coordinating community events or facilitating committee work for a community based organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal, written, communication skills, including public speaking
- Flexibility in dynamic and changing situations
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple organizations, having different needs, to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Detail-oriented with proficient organizational skills
- Can work independently and as a team member
- Present a positive and professional image to staff and members
- Proficiency using business software applications, including the MS Office Suite
- A valid Washington driver’s license with a driving record free of major moving violations, two or more at-fault accidents, or incidents of driving under the influence in the last five years
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Effectively communicate with diverse personalities
- The ability to reliably travel to various branch and community locations
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Visually recognize, analyze, and verify data
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.