The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
Corporate Engagement Associate Director
Feb 2, 2018
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Associate Director Corporate Relations serves on the Institutional Giving team as part of the Philanthropy department and reports to the Director of Corporate Relations. The Associate Director will be responsible for the development of strategic partnership opportunities for a portfolio of current corporate donors who support special events, programs and research at Fred Hutch as well as developing a portfolio of new corporate donors. Engagement and collaboration with the Institutional Giving team, as well as other teams within Philanthropy, Fred Hutch faculty, staff and leadership is expected. Some travel, weekend and evening work may be required.
- Work closely with a portfolio of existing corporate donors to develop a strategic plan of support that optimizes their engagement and support of Fred Hutch
- In partnership with Corporate Relations Director develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate prospects capable of mid to high level gifts ($50,000+) or at lower levels as recommended by the Corporate Relations Director, the Executive Director of Institutional Giving, and by Vice President for Philanthropy
- In collaboration with Philanthropy and other administrative units, oversee coordination and execution of appropriate Partners program benefits, recognition, stewardship and communications
- Manage and ensure accurate corporate donor database records
- This position does not have direct report management responsibilities
Summary of Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum five year’s experience in corporate development in a nonprofit, including solicitation of corporate gifts, or similar experience in Corporate/Community Relations in the private sector
- Experience within a research and/or healthcare institute, or, educational institution desirable
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in business development and working with corporate and\or non-profit entities to identify intersecting objectives
- Skills to represent the Hutch in the corporate environment and interact well with a diverse array of people from a variety of professions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience researching and managing portfolios
- Proficiency in writing solicitation letters, proposal materials and stewardship correspondence
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to exercise significant judgment and confidentiality in working with prospects, volunteers, faculty and staff
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed fundraising goals
- Self-motivation and flexibility
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and The Raiser’s Edge or similar database systems
Our Commitment to Diversity
Click here for more information.
We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and VEVRAA Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.