Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Database Administrator/Developer II, you must have a service-oriented mentality and a high sense of ownership for resolving problems and responding to requests. You will review service-related reports (e.g., database backups, maintenance, monitoring, etc.) and respond to database alerts and escalations. You will develop, performance tune, and maintain database and ETL code and processes. You will administer Team Foundation Server and will be responsible for SQL Server maintenance, performance analysis and administration. You will work to ensure high availability via database resilience. You will be responsible for working on developing and testing disaster recovery plans.
- Perform database maintenance, design, installations, upgrades, and support of data warehouse and OLTP databases in a virtual environment
- Design and administer large table partitioning schemes and data archiving practices
- Develop, tune and administer ETL (SSIS)
- Database troubleshooting, capacity planning, tuning, and disaster recovery
- Use, design and administer our source control application (TFS)
- As required, provide on-call support and after-hours maintenance and upgrades.
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Perform proactive database performance and security monitoring
- Adhere to IT department change management processes to ensure changes are authorized, documented and tested before implementation in the production environment.
- Establish and maintain technical database administration standards, security policy standards
- Ensure databases and database servers are compliant with business SLAs and industry best practices
- Help support and troubleshoot application databases and data
- Evaluate and recommend database tools, as needed
- 5+ years of experience in database administration and database development (data warehouse and OLTP)
- 5+ years’ experience SQL Server database backup, tuning, recovery and administration
- SQL Server 2012 Experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with and administering source control (specifically TFS and Visual Studio)
- 2+years’ experience and proficiency with ETL (SSIS) tuning, administration and development
- Experience with administering SQL Server in a virtual environment
- Experience with administering and designing partitioned tables and data archiving processes
- C#.Net and PowerShell coding experience a plus
- SSAS and SSRS administration experience
- 3+ years’ experience managing the MS SQL database security
- Database snapshot, replication and mirroring experience a nice to have.
- Exposure to AS400 a nice to have
- Apparel, footwear or retail data experience a plus
- Understanding of data warehouse and OLTP database administration and industry best practices.
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and ETL solutions
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to understand how SQL Server interacts with the OS and underlying systems
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment while maintaining your organization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to suggest and implement system improvements
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well both independently and as a team
- High attention to detail and ability to QA work of other team members
- Project management and business analysis skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Microsoft SQL Server DBA certification preferred
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related discipline.
Apply for this job
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.