We are currently seeking a Director of Investment Strategy for our Moss Adams Wealth Advisors practice. Moss Adams Wealth Advisors provide collaborative wealth management strategies to build, manage, and preserve net worth. Our objective is to help clients build and manage their wealth with the use of diverse yet complimentary strategies. At its core our investment philosophy is strategic in nature. We invest long-term, use passive vehicles to capture equity market returns and active strategies to increase rates of returns to reduce risk. We help our clients maintain their standard of living and achieve their life-long goals with proper comprehensive financial planning.
The Director of Investment Strategy, as the leader of the Investment Research and Management (IRM) team, has primary responsibility for understanding, analyzing, and making and supporting recommendations on asset allocation positioning, portfolio construction, specific asset classes and manager strategies (whether mutual funds, separate accounts, exchange traded funds, collective trusts, limited partnerships, etc.) and writing commentary on such strategies both for recommendation to the Investment Committee (IC) as well as in laymen’s terms geared toward non-investment professionals. This includes analyzing macroeconomic and market data, conducting insightful manager interviews, and keeping up on industry, and news related to the investment marketplace (such as manager changes, regulatory issues, etc.).
- Responsible for and oversees the research and portfolio management staff.
- Responsible for the training, development and coaching of associates and non-investment professionals on a regular basis.
- Chairs the Investment Committee and facilitates collaborative decisions to further our unified investment vision and structure, to deliver better investing outcomes for clients.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of our investment processes/policies/ procedures and underlying best practices, areas for improvement and sources for research.
- Develops creative solutions within the context of the firm’s investment philosophy leveraging partnerships/collaboration with third parties to deliver an investment experience to clients aligned with the firm’s focus on financial planning and goals-based investing.
- Oversees and works with the Portfolio Managers in developing, rolling out and maintaining asset allocation strategies. Additionally, works with the IC to establish a vision and strategy to enhance the firm’s asset allocation decision making process.
- Performs primary and ongoing due diligence on investment strategies across asset classes (with a focus on alternative strategies e.g. private equity/debt/real estate and venture capital) including qualitative and quantitative analysis of investment strategy, risk, process, organization, portfolio positions and performance.
- Produces periodic high quality presentations and publishes written commentaries based on recent trends in markets as well as thought leadership pieces associated with the investment philosophy.
- Works with advisor teams to implement investment philosophy and policy with each client, based on their goals, objectives and risk tolerance.
- Leads and assists in the education of clients on an ongoing basis on a broad range of investment topics through the generation of client friendly commentaries.
- Assists advisors in client and prospect presentations of the firm’s investment philosophy, process, people and strategy.
- Establishes relationships within the investment community ensuring our ability to source and access the best-in-class research and managers.
- Continue to develop in-house investment management capabilities to broaden the capacity of the investment team.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration, general business or management required.
- CFA Charter holder required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive, hands-on investment experience required, with at least 5 in a leadership capacity. Multi-asset, with experience in leading an investment capability and/or investment product with significant client-facing elements preferred.
- Strong leadership capabilities coupled with a demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage high-performing teams.
- Has demonstrated a track record of building and managing investment processes marked by operational excellence.
- Independent thought, intellectual curiosity, a healthy sense of skepticism and a forward-thinking and innovative mindset.
- Digital acumen; must be able to utilize technology to deliver streamlined yet customized portfolios and a high level of service to clients.
- Successful track record of direct investment management across the full spectrum of asset classes.
- Demonstrates and promotes integrity and dignity of the individual in an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- Self-confidence, self-accountability, self-learning, and self-motivation.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Unquestioned ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated problem-solving expertise in working as part of a private wealth, multidisciplinary team.
- Must be willing to travel up to 15% to support various office locations.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Link to apply: https://mossadams.taleo.net/careersection/6/jobdetail.ftl?job=16651