Under general direction, is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing assigned programs for the Office of Small Business Development & Labor Compliance (OSBDLC) Division including the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and the Small Business Program (SBP). Assures compliance with applicable federal, state, and Agency regulations and guidelines in the accessibility and administration of contracting opportunities relative to programs; conduct outreach and represents the Agency to internal and external stakeholders in order to cultivate and facilitate active support of the programs; and administers Title VI relative to the investigation and resolution of complaints alleging prohibited discrimination.
The following duties are a representative of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Plans, organizes, and implements assigned program contracting activities; reviews Diversity Analysis Worksheet (DAW) and determines goals applicable to procurement; presents Diversity Program requirements and coordinates networking/outreach component at pre-bid conferences; vendor drop in sessions; represents division at bid evaluation conferences to assure diversity requirements are properly evaluated and implemented
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and Agency regulations and guidelines in the accessibility and administration of contracting opportunities for the OSBDLC division programs; develops mutually acceptable goals on contracts; calculates and administers goals in accordance with regulations and guidelines; participates in pre-bid meetings to deliver division requirements and vision and pre-construction meetings to solidify the division requirements with awarded contractor; and serves as division representative on Contract Evaluation Team.
- Monitors Prime/General contractor goal attainment relative to commitment and recommends corrective action when appropriate; trains contractors on the use of B2GNow (contract monitoring system) including prompt pay for contractors and subcontractors; conducts accurate administration of contract terms including commercially useful function (CUF), flow down language, prompt payment, and return of retained funds provisions; conducts site visits and attends contract progress meetings to track and monitor the participation of firms engaged on Agency contracts.
- Engages small business clients in development of their firms; provides technical assistance for small businesses; conducts mediations between small businesses and prime contractors to create a safe and open environment to air concerns and shared goals; encourages and assists small businesses in registering for Sound Transit's E-bid System; and develops and conducts small business specific presentations.
- Creates and conducts community outreach programs to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders that supports and expands the mission of the division; coordinates with Marketing and Communications Department to create a communications strategy and message for the OSBDLC Division; coordinates and facilitates networking sessions for small businesses and prospective prime contractors; creates presentations using various marketing media; and updates databases to reflect outreach activities.
- Performs special duties as assigned by the Director of OSBDLC and/or Small Business Development Manager; plans, develops and conducts presentations for external stakeholder events; coordinates and facilitates participation of OSBDLC leadership and selected Executive Leadership Team members in key high-profile external stakeholder events; and prepares Director and/or Small Business Development Manager for meetings and presentations before stakeholders, including researching issues, gathering data, preparing briefings, and developing written and audio-visual materials.
- Researches trends in the corporate, small business and DBE communities; researches and studies 'Best Practices' of multiple governmental agencies and corporate entities to assist in improving Agency programs; researches DBE trends in specific industries in order to ascertain the number/percentage of DBEs in a particular field; and coordinates and assists with the development of the OSBDLC Strategic Plan.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here for more information.