ABOUT US: Ventures is a Seattle-based nonprofit that empowers aspiring entrepreneurs with limited resources and unlimited potential to improve their lives through small business ownership. We provide access to business training, capital, coaching and hands-on learning opportunities for entrepreneurs. We serve those in our community for whom traditional business development services are out of reach, with a focus on women, people of color, immigrants, and individuals with low income. Our ultimate goal is to support individuals to increase their income potential, achieve longterm financial stability, and provide for their families, and enrich their communities through small business ownership.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK FOR VENTURES: Ventures strives to provide impactful programs, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance and positive, team-oriented atmosphere. Our core values are Diversity, Integrity, Community, Empowerment, Innovation, and Client Success. Our team typically consists of 10-20 employees, plus a corps of contractors and volunteers, as well as an engaged Board of Directors.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The purpose of this position is to execute Ventures’ annual campaign to generate fundraising revenue from individual donors and to support the Executive Director in cultivating and stewarding major donors.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Support the development of an annual plan for soliciting donations based on industry best practices and organizational resources;
- Identify and attend networking events that will help drive connections with potential donors; support the overall work of the Development Department in publicizing Ventures and attracting support; we expect this person to spend 5-10 hours per week attending networking events
- Coordinate all aspects of small and large scale fundraising events (2-4 per year);
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop long-term relationships with major donors with an emphasis on donor stewardship
- Personally cultivate and steward a portfolio of major donors (who contribute $500 or more per year);
- Steward relationships with all individual donors to Ventures by cultivating personal connections, sharing updates about our work, and promptly acknowledging all gifts Conduct “asks” for financial donations in verbal, written, and electronic settings; Work with marketing staff to develop print and electronic materials to support fundraising activities;
- Work closely with Associate Director to develop and monitor annual fundraising budget and expense tracking systems;
- Coordinate and motivate staff involved in the work of fund development to create a culture of philanthropy at Ventures;
- Support efforts by the Board’s Annual Fund Committee to energize and equip the board to fundraise;
- Integrate Ventures entrepreneurs in a respectful way into fundraising efforts by highlighting success stories, hiring clients as vendors for events, and etc.
- Serve as the administrator of the organization’s donor database (Little Green Light); create and enforce user conventions; train staff; configure settings; help troubleshoot problems; and
- Analyze donor giving trends and recommend appropriate, datadriven changes to the plan as needed
Click here for more information.