Mission: Somos is an organization for LGBTQ Latinx folks. Our goal is to build an
active community, share resources and foster spaces for learning & growth.
Type of role: Part-time 16-20 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $21.50
This position is designed for a self starter, creative, and energetic individual who is
interested in catalyzing participation from members in the Latinx LGBTQ community.
In in this position you will provide planning, facilitation, and execution for events. In
addition to coordinating volunteers, marketing, and logistics of events - with an
emphasis on expanding the list of venues.
Ideally the engagement coordinator, along with the organization leadership will create
and implement a community engagement plan that includes consistent and effective
communication, engagement, and participation for the local Latinx LGBTQ community.
This position is part of a collective grant meant to develop and understand Latinx Queer,
Trans people in our region. Our Engagement Coordinator will act as a liaison between
Somos Seattle and the Alphabet Alliance of Color.
● Ability to work with Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Gmail and Google Drive
● Understanding of Latinx & LGBTQ communities.
● Some understanding of Seattle culture, venues, and trends
● Attention to detail
● Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
● Proficient understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the
● Being comfortable with public speaking
● Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) Ability to read, write and speak in both
To apply, visit our website at somosseattle.org under the “Careers” at the bottom of our
Please read over the description, answer the questions on our career page and
email your resume to Ray@somosseattle.org.
Applicants will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis.
We appreciate your interest to activate our Latinx LGBTQ community.