The listings below are job openings from GSBA member businesses. Any questions or for further information, please contact the company directly. Any GSBA member can add a listing - just send us the details and a link.
IT Help Desk Specialist
Feb 9, 2018
Click here for more information.
SUMMARY: Provide exceptional Tier 1 end-user support to employees bank-wide on computers, peripherals, phones, the core banking system, MS Office applications, and other software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Demonstrate service excellence in end-user support by performing Tier 1 support via telephone, in-person, and through remote tools.
- Ensure service level commitments are strongly adhered to for both internal and external customer service. Escalate tickets to System Administrators as appropriate.
- Install, maintain, and support PCs, laptops, printers, and other equipment and peripherals.
- Perform network administration tasks such as Move/Add/Change requests for employees and groups.
- Provide end user technical support for bank phone systems and cell phone services.
- Provide end user technical support for all bank software, patch and virus scan processes and assist in tracking software licenses and IT assets.
- Assist in maintaining a secure network and third party connectivity.
- Contribute to satisfactory or better audits and examinations in the IT area.
- Maintain knowledge of Company and industry projects, services and trends affecting team activities including technology advances and compliance/regulatory trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One year related experience providing exceptional end-user technical support, preferably in a financial institution.
Extensive experience with personal computers and software applications, including Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, and MS Office Professional applications.
Knowledge of information security standards and practices.
Banking experience or business knowledge regarding the business of banking and applications typically used in the banking industry a plus.
- Technical certifications such as Comptia’s A+ and Network+ desired.
Experience with Open Solutions’ TCBS/DNA Core banking System a plus.
Basic knowledge of all applicable Regulations that pertain to this position is required.
See Education/Experience section above for specific computer-related skills necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will operate in a general office environment, using office equipment such as a phone and a computer.The employee must have full range of motion and be able to bend, squat, and crawl when installing equipment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate as compared to a private office with light foot traffic and office equipment.The employee must be able and willing and able to interact frequently with the general public.
Occasional travel, after-hours, and weekend work is required.