Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Seattle Counseling Service (www.seattlecounseling.org) is a community resource that advocates, educates and serves to advance the social well-being and mental health of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community. SCS is s seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Experience working in Behavioral Health is preferred but not required. Applicant must have a certification of practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Provide direct and ongoing care to outpatient mental health patients in an ambulatory community mental health setting, in consultation with psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners and psychiatric physicians.
- Coordinate care services between mental health staff and psychiatric providers, responding to staff emails about patient care services, therapist queries, and other updates.
- Receive calls from patients regarding medication and medical concerns. Review voicemails directed to prescribers and call back patients for additional information, recording the call and the response, and alerting provider to urgent messages.
- Accept and review referrals for psychiatric evaluations, prioritizing referrals by level of urgency based on available medical data.
- Assist in scheduling and rescheduling of psychiatric appointments.
- Complete prior authorizations for routine medications. Begin prior authorizations for new medications, and transfer to prescriber for final signature.
- Contact patients about medical or psychiatric concerns at provider request.
- Request and obtain medical records from partner agencies as directed by medical provider, and submit records for review by medical staff.
- Conduct routine AIMS exams on all patients who are currently receiving antipsychotic treatment, recording outcomes and alerting provider to any newly observed abnormalities.
- Perform injections of psychiatric medications and maintain record of patient response.
- Order medical supplies as needed.
- Current Washington State LPN license required.
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in the adult psychiatric population required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, especially those associated with psychiatric care.
- Familiarity with psychopharmacology and the use of psychotropic medications required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ, cross-cultural and chemical dependency issues
- Must have strong crisis intervention skills.
Schedule: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Salary: Depends on experience.
Benefits: Generous sick time, vacation time, holiday leave, medical, dental and vision plans, 401K with 3% employer match.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 29th, 2019
Seattle Counseling Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.