POSITION: Local Communications Manager – Seattle
REPORTS TO: Department Head, Communications & Technology
SALARY: $40,500-$50,550 per year (DOE)
We are currently recruiting for a Local Communications Manager with a focus on Seattle. The Washington Hospitality Association is looking for a candidate to develop and implement local communications to advance the hospitality industry. This position is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing assigned marketing and communication programs. This position serves as the communications liaison between the communications and local government affairs departments.
This position will serve as an integral part of the communications & technology department, as well as perform the following work:
• Create and implement complete communications plans for local government affairs.
• Create professional outreach materials using a writing style clearly understood by the industry and other publics.
• Manage communications projects.
• Proactively promote the positive contributions of the industry.
• Work directly with the Senior Director of Communications & Technology, Local Government Affairs Director and the Local Government Affairs Senior Manager.
• Brainstorm with other staff members on communications campaigns and tactics, and help map out communications plans involving members, other associations, agencies and partner organizations.
• Determine appropriate information methods and techniques to carry out the communications and marketing activities.
• Works with other association departments to develop and implement strategic cross-boundary communications initiatives, including marketing efforts and execution/development of marketing/communications plans.
• Work with Washington Hospitality Association members.
• Serve as spokesperson for the Seattle Restaurant Alliance and Seattle Hotel Association.
• Cultivate, manage and leverage Seattle media relationships.
• Create communications assets, such as magazine articles, marketing materials, promotions, web materials, social media posts etc. related to assigned tasks and liaison departments.
• Manage websites for Seattle Restaurant Alliance and Seattle Hotel Association.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, advertising or related field, or equivalent year-for-year experience working in the public relations field, in addition to three years of writing/editing or equivalent experience.
• Two to three years of progressively responsible experience in advocacy communications with strong focus on message development.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and manage a multi-faceted program.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work under tight deadlines, and to communicate complex policy information to diverse audiences.
• Provide excellent leadership and manage within a changing environment.
• Effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly in writing to a non-technical audience.
• Self-starter and a team player
• Accuracy and content check-off
• AP Style
• All major social media platforms
• Constant Contact
• Project and budget management
• Written and oral communications, talking points
• Spokesperson skills
• Data collection, analysis and communication
• Customer/member relations
• Ability to turn constructive criticism into best practices for future use
• Strong work ethic with high standard for work product
• Excellent interpersonal skills with high professionalism
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to organize, prioritize and thrive in stressful environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, social marketing programs, WordPress
HOW TO APPLY
For inquiries about this position, please contact Lex Nepomuceno at 360-956-7279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send press release and magazine-style writing samples with your materials. Provide references at the time of interview.