This is an EPOA (Representing the Law Enforcement Support Service Employees) union classified position and is open until February 18, 2019 at 4:30 pm. Regular, part time positions receive prorated employee benefits.
Do you have technical business skills? Do you enjoy a fast-paced job with variety that requires attention to detail? Are you looking for a meaningful position with a positive work/life balance? Edmonds PD offers these things and more in a vibrant and diverse work environment. This rewarding part-time position supports those who serve and protect and is a significant component to our agency's success. Please apply if you are interested in joining our dynamic team!
Under general supervision of a Sergeant, performs a number of clerical and staff support functions; performs purchasing and accounts payable functions; performs inventory control functions; prepares and maintains accurate records; works closely with and under the leadership of the Executive Assistant.
About the City
The City of Edmonds is a beautiful community on the Puget Sound waterfront with a population of 41,960 and is the gateway to the Olympic peninsula via the state ferry system. Edmonds provides a full range of services, including contracted fire services, police services a municipal court, a community pool, a regional performing arts facility, public works and utilities, a regional wastewater treatment facility, along with community events and services through our Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department. Six department directors report directly to the Mayor and oversee approximately 220 full– time-equivalent employees.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The general work schedule for this position is Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am 2:00 pm.
-Orders and maintains necessary departmental supplies and equipment including: uniform items, radios, cell phones and radar units.
-Performs a variety of specialized clerical and office support duties for the City Police Department; utilizes independent judgment and knowledge of department rules and regulations in daily activities.
- Prepares, maintains and assures the accuracy of a variety of records; enters, sorts and updates information into various computer systems such as: purchase requests, inventory lists, radio and radar repair and certification records.
- Operates a telephone, typewriter, facsimile, computer, calculator, copier and other office equipment as assigned.
- Processes and maintains purchase requests; tracks and verifies receipt of purchased items; processes bills for payment; prepares accounts receivables, receives telephone inquiries from vendors.
- Maintains a current inventory of department owned equipment and assets.
- Tracks and processes vendor contracts both new and renewals.
- Tracks and processes grant applications and receipt of proceeds.
- Acts as primary back up to the Executive Assistant-Confidential in performing payroll functions. Maintains physical abilities under Working Conditions (below).
- Performs others duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent (required) and one year of related customer service, or clerical experience, (or a related field) OR any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Valid Washington State Driver License.
Must be able to successfully complete and pass a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and regular ACCESS (security) training
Environment: Office environment. Constant interruptions.
- Hearing, speaking or otherwise communicating to exchange information in person or on the phone.
- Reading and understanding a variety of materials.
- Operate/use a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Sitting, standing or otherwise remaining in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching, reaching above shoulders and horizontally or otherwise positioning oneself to accomplish tasks.
- Lifting/carrying or otherwise moving or transporting up to 20 lbs.
Contact with dissatisfied or abusive individuals
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/edmondswa
121 5th Ave N Edmonds, WA 98020