A model for exemplary service, the Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises
(OMWBE) promotes equity and increases participation in public contracting and procurement for small businesses owned by minorities, women, and disadvantaged persons. To accomplish our mission, the OMWBE certifies small businesses owned and controlled by minorities, women, and disadvantaged persons and works with the state's purchasing and contracting community to provide education throughout the state. The results are positive impacts in the community that lend to a better economy and strengthen the resilience of families and ultimately improving the overall quality of life.
The Project Manager (PM) position has a primary responsibility to fully implement an electronic data collection and monitoring system for all state agencies and educational institutions. This system will measure and track the state's work towards voluntary inclusion goals. The role entails project management job duties including assisting in the development of a project work plan, budget, and schedule. The ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders is essential.
Moreover, the PM is expected to deliver tangibles such as a project charter, project schedule, work plans, test plans, user acceptance plans, training plans, and closeout reports. Statewide training on the IT solution will be integrated into the overall process for state agencies, prime contractors, sub-contractors, and procurement professionals.
Governor's Subcabinet on Business Diversity:
Supporting small and minority, women's and veteran-owned businesses in state contracting is a priority for Governor Inslee. As a result, he created the Subcabinet on Business Diversity. The creation of this Project Manager
position is a direct result of this effort and will expand access for diverse business owners to apply to contract opportunities.
We are an employer of choice because we:
- Champion employee diversity and inclusion;
- Provide a modernized office environment;
- Support mobile work practices and flexible/ alternative work schedules;
- Offer access to the Employee Assistance Program;
- Provide an Infant in the Workplace Program;
- Incentivize employees who use alternate transportation;
- Offer the state-wide total compensation package, including transparent and fair salary schedules, excellent and affordable health insurance options, free dental insurance, solid retirement benefits, vacation, leave, and holiday policies.
Please note: Project duration will be two (2) years or until the solution has been fully implemented.