What We Are Looking For:
Are you a compassionate, detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and experience with handling and maintaining confidential information? Do you enjoy interacting and working with older adults? If you’ve answered yes, this position is for you! SHAG Foundation is currently hiring a Full-Time Resident Services Coordinator to work directly with the residents in our communities to enhance and sustain their overall quality of life.
Resident Services Coordinator will be responsible for the critical wellness of all residents of SHAG communities within their portfolio. The RSC will coordinate - in close partnership with community leadership from a given SHAG property, resident and outside volunteers, local neighborhood agencies and partnerships – resident life programs, activities and events in the areas of nutrition, fitness and enrichment; work closely with Resident Wellness Counselors and Community Programs and Partnerships to provide resource connections; and thorough, timely and accurate tracking of relevant data points in the GRACE database for workflow and for developing vital metrics for SHAG operations. All of these components enhance quality of resident life through empathetic listening, efficiency of referrals, impartiality, program sustainability and appropriate advocacy.
• Engage with site-staff as well as residents to develop community-wide understanding of the Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) role in the SHAG community.
• Maintain clearly designated schedule at each property in portfolio – assigning priority and focus based on community size.
• • Assist residents with basic need referrals (i.e., transportation, finding dental care, financial assistance).
• Connecting higher complexity and mental health resident situations to the appropriate Resident Wellness Counselor.
• Consistently utilize Agency database for timely tracking of Resident Engagements (i.e., progress notes, care plans, referrals made, follow-up dates).
• Maximize resources for efficiency of referral process and successful issue resolution.
• Promote enhanced integration with Operations and Resident Life leadership through sharing of stories, best practices, themes and overall community disposition for purposes of increasing resident satisfaction, early identification of potential risks and enhancing strategic insights.
• Model clarity and efficiency of communication with site-staff, Portfolio Managers and others through accuracy of detail and inclusion of appropriate individuals. Attend to
role definitions for efficiency and confidence – engaging Resident Services Coordinator, Resident Wellness Counselor, site and Portfolio Manager roles appropriately in various situations.
• Practice quality interpersonal communication skills including rapport building and empathy with clear boundaries and the highest level of respect and confidentiality when handling paperwork, phone calls, and conversations.
• Execute special projects as identified (i.e. Hoarding Grant, Bed Bug Education, Gazette).
• Attentively function in line with SHAG mission and core values.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of professional work experience in related field or equivalent work experience can be demonstrated. Master’s degree in social work, gerontology, applied behavioral sciences, human services preferred.
• Professional Service Coordinator (PSC) designation a plus.
• A working knowledge of area social services is a plus.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently and pro-actively.
• Clear and efficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Conflict management and de-escalation trainings a plus.
• Confidence in identifying, coordinating and presenting staff development sessions, including individual and group training/coaching on areas of expertise and knowledge.
• Confidence in identifying, coordinating and presenting resident engagement sessions including individual and group training/coaching on areas of expertise and knowledge.
• Demonstrated experience in successfully working with diverse populations.
• Competent decision-making, problem-solving, negotiation, team work and presentation skills to contribute to and influence across functional teams, and inform needs-based decisions and actions.
• Competence to model a productive blend of leadership with collaborative work.
• Ability to organize and fulfill multiple projects under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
• Must pass criminal background check.
• Must have a WA State driver’s license and driver’s insurance
SHAG Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please let us know if you need special accommodations to apply or interview for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume for this position to Foundation-Careers@shag.org