Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Senior Integrated Inventory Planner, you will be the primary owner of inventory management analytics, reporting, process and policy development. You will collaborate with the S&OP Director on setting and managing the inventory targets for the N.A. region. You will closely work with Retail Analytics, Demand and Supply Planning functions on identifying and reporting any supply to demand shortages or overages. You will also support the excess inventory liquidation process by partnering with the Sales, Ecommerce &Finance teams.
- Product Life Cycle Inventory Management
- Provide data driven recommendations to the Operations and Sales teams on buy strategies and inventory management decisions.
- Lead the governance of execution, including Product Life Cycle Management, inventory metrics/measures/projections, change management and accountability.
- Perform supply to demand match analysis on style, color and size level, and report out on any shortage or overage situations.
- Manage the financial reserves process for excess and obsolete inventory, in collaboration with the Finance team.
- Tie these processes into S&OP/S&OE processes to drive culture change and sustainment of implemented processes, with a regular PDCA process.
- Inventory Strategy
- Build and maintain a three-year inventory strategy with monthly/quarterly metrics and actions.
- Communicate inventory position, budget, and financial re-forecast to senior management via Dashboards.
- Formulate and recommend policies, procedures, and processes that guide the organization in improving its cash flow and profitability, while still driving topline growth.
- Create predictive inventory metrics and targets based on guidance from leaders, and own the analysis and reporting related to those metrics.
- Present and provide context on the inventory KPIs in the regional and global S&OP / Scorecard meetings.
- Plan and report on excess inventory to inform the close out inventory liquidation process.
- Continuous Improvement
- Focus on ongoing process improvements and recommend system functionality enhancements related to inventory management and reporting.
- Create process and policy documentation for all areas of responsibility.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, or Operations.
- 3-5 years of analytics, planning or inventory management experience.
- Experience in analyzing data and building reports and presentations.
- Able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable strategic recommendations.
- Affinity with ERP systems (preferably Infor M3) and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, proven mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with BI tools and Tableau a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Strong time-management skills: ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can impact Brooks, our customers, our partners, our products or other departments.
- A process improvement mindset, always looking to improve the status-quo.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally (US and Europe).
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
Apply for this job
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.