Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Digital Products Web Developer is a pivotal part of the growing Brooks Digital Products team and has the opportunity to be one of the key players in the growth of our global web business, working to improve both the end user experience as well as increase revenue. You will work with both front-end and back-end technologies to help Brooks reach company goals, and you will work as a member of our growing Digital Products team at the direction of the Digital Products Lead Web Developer to take action against a prioritized list of projects and initiatives designed to optimize Brooks’ web sites.
- Adapt, develop and deploy scalable and appropriate solutions across global suite of websites using the Demandware development (customization) framework
- Perform complete testing of all developed units and components including but not limited to browser compatibility handling and unit test creation
- Participate in all end-to-end and regression testing
- Manage source code and release management processes
- Support all integration points and system administrator tasks and processes
- Collaborate with team members to translate project requirements into solutions
- Contribute to documentation infrastructure allowing members of Digital Products team to outline system architecture, design patterns and workflows
- Contribute to and improve an agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Conversant knowledge of responsive design techniques, pattern library development, and website performance optimization techniques
- Previous experience with Eclipse IDE is a plus
- Conversant knowledge of distributed, component-based architectures
- Conversant knowledge of web accessibility principles (W3C)
- Proficient with engineering tools such as bug tracking and source code control systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and balance priorities, to work both independently and as part of the team, and to manage time efficiently are all important to this position
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with less-technical teammates
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.