Are you interested in LGBTQ and/or small business policy issues?
GSBA's monthly Policy Roundtable comes together to discuss issues of importance to the LGBTQ and small business communities. We often bring in elected officials, advocates, and other policymakers to present to our members.
Attendance FREE and is open to all GSBA members. RSVP is required.
January's topic will be around the LGBTQ-related bills in Olympia. We will have community advocates present to discuss these topics with the group. These include:
- Reproductive Health Access Act, to give transgender people and immigrants access to better healthcare
- Creation of a statewide LGBTQ commission
- Banning gay- and trans-panic defenses
- An anti-bullying bill focused on the needs of transgender students
- Multiple bills recognizing nonbinary gender across state recordkeeping (drivers licenses, voter registration, vital records)
We will have speakers from organizations like Equal Rights Washington, Gender Justice League, Legal Voice, and others who are spearheading these pieces of legislation.
RSVP to MattL@thegsba.org