As a GSBA and Pride Foundation Scholarship Applicant, you have the right to:
- Have clear deadlines for submitting applications for GSBA and/or Pride Foundation scholarships. They are currently listed on our websites http://thegsba.org/scholarship-home/become-a-scholar/apply and https://www.pridefoundation.org/what-we-do/scholarships/apply/.
- Have clear and accurate descriptions of our eligibility requirements and selection criteria for all available scholarships. They are currently listed on our websites http://thegsba.org/scholarship-home/become-a-scholar and https://www.pridefoundation.org/what-we-do/scholarships/scholarship-funds/
- All information given to the GSBA and/or Pride Foundation by applicants will be considered confidential and private information and the GSBA and Pride Foundation will work to protect your information. Your information will not be shared publicly without your permission. This includes your name, picture, and personal details.
- Applicants’ information including the scholarship application will be shared with GSBA and Pride Foundation staff members and those persons who are volunteer interviewers for our organizations as part of the scholarship evaluation and interview process.Interviewers are required to sign a confidentiality non-disclosure agreement.
- Applicants should be aware that every effort will be made to maintain confidentiality; however, GSBA and/or Pride Foundation may be obligated as mandated reporters to disclose information to law enforcement or other agencies as required by law of a) any suspicion of child abuse or neglect for applicants under 18; b) any suspicion of abuse or neglect for applicants who are 65+/senior citizens/elderly; and/or c) any suspicion of abuse or neglect for applicants who are disabled.
- Be treated respectfully in all interactions you have with our staff and volunteers, including being addressed using your preferred name and correct gender pronouns. All staff, volunteers, and Board members are required to follow a code of conduct while involved with GSBA and/or Pride Foundation. Any type of harassment (sexual, physical or mental) by any staff or volunteer towards an applicant is prohibited. If you feel you have experienced disrespect or harassment, you have the right to report it to GSBA and/or Pride Foundation staff, including the Management, President/CEO, and/or the Board. Any report of harassment will have no impact on your scholarship application or its status.
- You will only be contacted by GSBA and/or Pride Foundation staff during the application review cycle by email, phone, text, or by mailing address. You will not receive direct contact from volunteers without your express permission. If any volunteer does contact you directly (outside an interview) without your permission via email, social media, text, phone, or mail, you have the right to report it to GSBA and/or Pride Foundation staff, and/or any authority figures you deem appropriate. Any contact report will have no impact on your application or its status.
As a GSBA and Pride Foundation Scholarship Applicant, it is your responsibility to:
1. Be authentic, truthful, and as accurate as possible in your application.
2. Complete the entire scholarship application accurately, and submit your materials to the GSBA and/or Pride Foundation by the appropriate deadline.
3. Respond quickly to any requests for additional documentation or materials.
4. Notify the GSBA and/or Pride Foundation if there is a change in any of the information in your application.