indi chocolate is a friendly bean-to-bar chocolate factory, cafe, and retail space located in the heart of Seattle's Pike Place Market. We treat our guests like dear old friends, produce high-quality products, provide excellent customer service, and run our business in a socially responsible way.
If you want to work for a small, female owned, purpose-driven company where you can make your mark and positively impact people’s lives, then please consider indi chocolate.
- Leading by example and being a role model for the standards and behaviors consistent with indi chocolaten’s core values and culture.
- Managing all aspects of daily operations of the coffee shop, cafe, and retail store, both front of house and back of house
- Filling in barista shifts
- Proactively attracting, identifying, and hiring team members that have the ability to grow within the organization.
- Successfully and consistently communicating team wins, priorities, best practices and operational changes to deliver brilliant execution.
- Connecting with the local community and customers as a brand ambassador.
- Serving as a role model for high quality, hands-on, floor management - including effective deployment of labor to maximize effectiveness and sales.
- Updating and creating protocols
- Delivering store sales and financial objectives by removing any barriers to success.
- Scheduling daily labor requirements that meet the needs of the business and provide great customer service experiences
- Ensuring that food safety and security standards are met and adhered to consistently.
- Maintaining food service and production levels by leading strong BOH and FOH execution, resulting in maintaining the highest rating of excellent from the Department of Health.
- Addressing performance issues quickly and respectfully by coaching, counseling, and managing any conflicts.
- Contributing ideas, thoughts, and solutions that result in increased productivity, higher retention, and improved operations.
- Teaching about coffee, brewing and drink development to the indi team, guests and the public.
- Developing new menu items and educational opportunities to showcase indi chocolate.
- Demonstrated success managing a coffee shop/cafe
- Flexibility in schedule to accommodate business needs.
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Detail oriented and positive attitude a must.
- WA State Food Worker Card.
indi chocolate provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.