Three Dollar Bill Cinema strengthens, connects, and reflects diverse communities through queer film and media. We provide access to films by, for, and about LGBTQ+ people and their families and a forum for LGBTQ+ filmmakers to share and discuss their work with audiences.
Three Dollar Bill Cinema’s core programs are Translations: the Seattle Transgender Film Festival, Reel Queer Youth, Three Dollar Bill Outdoor Cinema (not happening in 2020 due to Covid19), and the Seattle Queer Film Festival (October 15-25, 2020).
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
We are seeking an energetic fundraising contractor to help plan and execute, with the interim executive director and board, various fundraising events & campaigns for the 25th Annual Seattle Queer Film Festival and Three Dollar Bill Cinema.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Individual Giving, Membership, and Fundraising
● Plan and organize fundraising events and membership campaign leading up to and following the 2020 Seattle Queer Film Festival (October 15-25, 2020).
● Write proposals, ask letters, and fundraising content for general communications.
● Expand and manage the individual gifts program focused on increasing philanthropic support from individuals.
● Build relationships with donors, members, sponsors, and prospects; develop and carry out moves management steps to deepen donor relationships and secure increasing donations.
● Conduct, analyze and utilize prospect research, using DonorPerfect software, board referrals, and other tools to identify potential major donors and sponsors.
● Optimize the use of the DonorPerfect database and other tools for tracking major donor information, donor encounters, prospect plans, and renewal timelines.
● Manage the administrative aspects of fundraising campaigns – deliverables and timelines to maintain activities are on track and focused on goals.
● Attend weekly Development Committee meetings, foster teamwork, and a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
● Be an engaging, positive presence at Three Dollar Bill Cinema programs and events, stewarding community members and donors of all levels.
● Ensure donors, members, and sponsors have a positive experience and receive personal, timely communication.
● Maintain an accurate, organized database in DonorPerfect
● Gift processing and acknowledgment; maintaining quick turnaround from date of gift and date of thank you letter
● Work with the Executive Director & Board on creating and executing compelling sponsorship opportunities to attract and retain support from the business community.
● Write & pitch sponsorship proposals to increase sponsorship revenue
● Research sponsorship prospects; develop relationships and secure sponsors
● Serve as a resource to the Executive Director for corporate overlap, including grants
● Manage all aspects of sponsorship fulfillment, activation, and acknowledgments
● 2-5 years fundraising experience, including corporate sponsorship
● Experience with virtual and innovative fundraising initiatives and events
● Demonstrated success in meeting fundraising goals
● Experience and comfort making in-person asks
● Passion for building and maintaining relationships with individual and corporate donors ● Understanding of and interest in supporting the LGBTQ+ community
● Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
● Strong self-motivation, organization, and time management
● Demonstrated ability to work with staff, board, and volunteers
● Solid computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience using a CRM database to manage donor relationships, especially DonorPerfect
● A desire to know, appreciate, and champion our programs, mission, and community
● Flexibility, enthusiasm, genuine interest in people, and sense of humor!
Reports to the Interim Executive Director
This is a contract position that starts July 15 - November 30, 2020 Compensation is $15,000 for the contract. Other benefits provided include Seattle Queer Film Festival pass and Translations (2021) pass.
Exceeding fundraising goals and stellar performance could extend the contract. The next goal is to fund a full-time position; based on performance and results could make the contractor eligible to interview if the role is opened.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume to Kathleen Mullen, Interim Executive Director: email@example.com
Priority will be given to applications received by July 10, 2020
but applications are on-going until the position has been filled.
Three Dollar Bill Cinema is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender and sexual identities, and persons living with disabilities, to apply to come part of our organization.