Our Mission: To create and support 1:1 mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful mentorship matches between volunteers and youth ages 6-18. We then provide the training, resources, and support necessary for those matches to succeed. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound is committed to a diverse, socially just, and welcoming work environment and people of color, people with varying abilities, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Each employee in Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound helps to extend the mission of the agency in particular ways as outlined in the position description. The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound seeks a Development Manager – Donor Campaigns and Stewardship, to lead as a master donor communicator, using their outstanding writing ability to meaningfully connect Big Brothers Big Sisters supporters with the work they make possible and inspire their continued and increased support. This person plays an integral role in leading the organization to achieve our fundraising goals, managing the day-to-day operations of all mass fundraising and stewardship efforts and will report to the Director of Individual Philanthropy. This position requires an enthusiasm for making a difference, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, outstanding writing capabilities, strong organizational skills, ability to analyze data, proficiency in managing multiple tasks, and a desire to grow professionally.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
• Donor-Centered Writing
• Campaign and Direct Mail Management
• Thoughtful Supporter Stewardship
• Grow and lead a comprehensive annual fund program, including multi-channel strategies to retain donors, increase average gift amounts, and deepen supporter connection to the work. Focus will be on donors giving below the Leadership Level of $1,000
• Create, write, and execute a series of mail and email campaigns to renew annual contributions, encourage support for special projects and attract new donors
• Participate in the planning and execution of all fundraising efforts, playing a key role in all written donor communications across the organization
• In collaboration with the Director of Individual Philanthropy, develop and execute a global system of donor engagement and stewardship activities for all individual donors
• Ensure excellent stewardship and engagement of broad-base and mid-level donors
• Design, manage and execute digital giving campaigns in conjunction with the Development Coordinator such as giving days, peer-to-peer fundraising, and end-of-year campaigns
• Write, manage, and execute donor direct mail solicitations and stewardship
• Collaborate with the program team to identify stories of impact that can be utilized for communications with prospects and donors
• Project manage quarterly donor-impact reports (newsletters), leading writing and production
• Manage and execute workplace giving efforts to engage employees at Microsoft and other companies in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Relations
• Work with the Director of Individual Philanthropy to identify prospective major donors and direct into the prospect pipeline for qualification
• Work with the Development Coordinator to manage our list queries and export data, segmenting based on donor giving patterns, demographic, etc.
• Collaborate with the Director of Corporate Relations and the Event Planner to determine and design messaging and live program elements for all BBBSPS fundraising events, including testimonials, scripting, run-of-show, etc.
• Partner with the Director of Individual Philanthropy, Event Planner, and Development and Events Coordinator to create and implement audience development strategies for all BBBSPS Development events
• Help represent the needs and interests of individual donors and members in decision-making processes inside BBBSPS
• Contribute and participate in the development of all donor and prospect-facing collateral, and website
• Passion for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound’s Mission
• Superb written communication skills; experience with donor-centric writing a plus
• Ability to lead multi-channel fundraising campaigns and appeals
• A strong knowledge of annual giving programs, including direct mail and online campaign/mass marketing experience
• Ability to engage and work with multiple stakeholders at all organizational levels, both internal and external to the organization
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 year experience in nonprofit fundraising, mass-marketing or journalism; or equivalent experience
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities but able to work as a team member
• Ability to accept and integrate feedback graciously
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
• Proficient with donor CRM, with experience in Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge a plus. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of running queries and exporting data, segmenting based on donor giving patterns, etc. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and required skills. Job Description may be subject to change to meet the needs of the organization.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL WITHIN OUR ORGANIZATION:
We seek to hire for, and further develop with each employee, the following competencies that we have identified as critical to success for individual employees and for achievement of the BBBSPS mission:
• Core Competencies
o Accountability / Workload Management
o Customer Service Orientation
o Growth Mindset, Adaptability
o Cultural Sensitivity
o Expertise in Area of Focus
• Leadership Competencies
o Develops & Motivates Others
o External Relationship Builder
o Team Effectiveness
o Emotional Intelligence
o Organizational Growth Orientation
o Initiative & Results Driven
The environmental conditions described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• Routine office environment
• Frequent independent travel
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Equal Employment Opportunity BBBSPS is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Americans with Disabilities Act Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Development Manager – Donor Campaigns and Stewardship” in the subject line