RESIDENT SERVICES COORDINATOR
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Resident Services Coordinator performs maintenance duties that contribute to thriving resident communities at MSC’s transitional housing properties.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 12 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. ** – 20 HOURS per week
*Flexible schedule- some evening and weekend work may be requested*
515 W Harrison St #205
Kent, WA 98032
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the supervisor, respond to all service requests and complete all work orders and unit turnovers in a timely and professional manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, HVAC, utilities and special circumstances. Make sure that the maintenance work area, grounds and common areas are neat and clean at all times.
- Regularly inspect property and vacant apartments and coordinate the work and schedules of property vendors.
- Track maintenance work orders through computer maintenance log
- Coordinate preventive maintenance programs
- Purchase/order supplies, equipment or services, to meet routine maintenance/janitorial/grounds needs
- Assist in moving furniture and equipment as needed
- Schedule dump runs as necessary
- Other duties as may be necessary to maintain MSC’s standards of quality on our properties.
- Follow confidentiality guidelines for all resident, property, owner, and MSC information at all times.
- Communicate with supervisor about any issues, or resident questions or concerns brought directly to you
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Maintenance work experience is highly desired.
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant laws and low income housing rules
- Empathy for low-income, homeless, elderly and otherwise needy families and individuals
- Knowledge of and good relationships with appropriate vendors within South King County
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently, with an eye for detail
- Excellent phone manners and customer service skills
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver License and auto insurance
- Ability to work efficiently and safely understanding and observing safety rules
These physical requirements are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to ensure people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Walking (including up and down stairs), standing, sitting and driving frequently
- Stretching/Reaching, Hand/Finger dexterity, Stooping (bend at waist) frequently
- Mobility and ability to sit for long periods of time
- Travel to MSC properties and offices are required for this position.
- Work performed indoors in a climate controlled environment:
- Work performed outdoors and around MSC properties
- Pay $18.27 per hour / $19,000.80 per year (Based on 1040 hours worked per year)
- Generous paid leave: vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay (prorated on hours worked)
- Eligible to enroll in 401k after 1000 hours of service. 401k company match eligible after 1 year of service and dependent on agency budget.
If you are interested in applying for this job opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Multi-Service Center is committed to promoting equal employment opportunity and diversity in the workplace.
No phone calls please.