For more information please visit: https://www.brewbound.com/jobs/56777-Assistant-Brewer-Two-Beers-Brewing-Company
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Provides operational support to the Lead Brewer. Oversees all stages of production including but not limited to: brewing, safety, quality, and reporting. Operates production system in absence of Lead Brewer.
- All beer-making processes including wort production, transferring, clarifying, dry hopping, testing, and other steps as required;
- Monitor, collect and report data on all active batches of beer in process;
- Operate proficiently and troubleshoot all beer-making equipment;
- Abide by all sanitation and safety practices;
- Organize and report inventory (beer ingredients, cleaning chemicals, equipment);
- Submit developing beers for QA and existing beers for QC to Quality R&D Manager;
- Participate in development of new beer flavors and styles for brand;
- Participate in sales activities at events and with distributors as production schedule allows;
- Record and analyze production numbers (loss, total volume produced and packaged);
- Maintain and implement SOPs;
- Understand and adhere to all FDA, TTB, OSHA, and WSLCB guidelines and regulations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fermentation Sciences or related field – preferred;
- Minimum one year experience in a brewing position;
- Integrity, creativity, persistence, adaptability;
- Excellent technical, organization and communication skills;
- Ability to handle/manage/resolve complex situations;
- Ability to thrive in the absence of supervision;
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 45 lbs.;
- Ability to work in a cold, noisy, wet, slippery environment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, hourly non-exempt, compensation DOE
- Paid time off accrued hourly, up to two weeks per year for full time work;
- 8 paid holidays and 2 paid floating holidays;
- Paid Safe/Sick Leave as mandated by the City of Seattle;
- Free cider/beer based on company policy;
- Health Insurance after 60 days (Funded 75% by Seattle Cider / 25% by employee); group dental insurance available at full cost to employee;
- 401(k) plan with match.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear a mask unless proof of vaccination is provided.