● Be the primary point of contact for donors, members, and partner organizations.
● Create and manage the organizational communications calendar, including our newsletter(s), email, and social media communications.
● Prepare press releases, with the approval of the Co-Executive Directors.
● Identify potential media opportunities and respond to press inquiries.
● Work to elevate the stories and experiences of trans and gender diverse community members.
Marketing & Promotions
● Assist with creating, updating and maintaining printed materials for Gender Justice League.
● Keep website(s) content current, and keep the appearance of the site user-friendly, professional and attractive.
● Work closely with the Executive Directors and/or Development staff to perform social media campaigns, crowd fundraising, and email fundraising.
Outreach & Events
● Assist Volunteer/Membership Coordinator with online recruitment of volunteers & supporters.
● Serve on event committees and assist with event planning.
● Represent Gender Justice League in communications-related coalitions and campaigns.
● Prepare sponsorship and marketing materials for events and outreach.
● Support marketing of all major GJL events, including Trans Pride Seattle and the Gender Justice Awards, which may include working on occasional weekends and evenings.
● 3-5 years of education, volunteer, life, or work experience in communications, web design, and multimedia coordinating.
● 3-5 years of demonstrable experience in Adobe Creative Suite (or software equivalent) ● Documented experience conveying personal stories, social justice, or human rights that motivate members of the general public to take action.
● Demonstrable knowledge and experience in current best practices for communications.
● Demonstrable experience with systems of oppression (such as transmisogyny and racism)
Please note that a portfolio is required for applying to this position