● Research and identify potential new grant opportunities (both locally and nationally).
● Write grants to fund programming & operations, in coordination and collaboration with co-executive directors and potential community partners.
● Report to grantmakers and donors about work accomplished because of their funding.
● Maintain a calendar of new and recurring grant submission and reporting deadlines.
● Develop a system of recognizing major donors.
● Develop and maintain existing donor relationships with GJL and its leadership.
● Coordinate corporate giving through Benevity and other donor-advised funds.
● Maintain the Annual Giving Program.
● Coordinate fundraising efforts for Trans Pride and the Gender Justice Awards.
● Support board members and other individuals in their fundraising activities.
● 3-6 years of combined education, volunteer, life, and/or work experience that demonstrates effective fundraising and interaction with donors of social justice movements.
● Demonstrated commitment to social justice or human rights, and experience motivating people to support causes they believe in.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Knowledge of donor databases and online fundraising tools,
● Current knowledge and experience of local, statewide and national funding sources and funder priorities.
Highly Desired Qualifications
● 3 years of successful experience fundraising for nonprofits, especially with NationBuilder.
● 3 years of successful experience writing grants for non-profit organizations or collectives.
Please note that two (2) writing samples are required to apply for this position