$3000 new hire bonus available!
For more information please visit: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1379
FTE: 40 Hrs/WK = 1 FTE
Pay Rate: 20.50 + $1/hr language differential
Link to apply through ATS: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1379
APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
Join our amazing CASA team, and receive a new hire bonus up to $3,000. This one time program is only available until Oct 1st.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is full-time regular and non-exempt, and may require working days, evenings, nights and weekends and alternate work locations
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we have defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
ABOUT CASA DE LOS AMIGOS: This program has 2 locations and 20 beds, serving clients ages 12-17, who have been placed in the program by the Office of Refugee Resettlement Department of Unaccompanied Children's Services (ORR / DUCS).
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Lead Teacher and Program Manager at the program location, the Educational Aide is responsible for supporting the delivery of quality education across multiple subject areas. The position will focus on providing day-to-day educational support, teaching new materials one-on-one, providing educational encouragement, grading homework, and reviewing in-class assignments in real time. In conjunction with other program staff, the Educational Aide’s task is to create a safe and caring environment for vulnerable young people in residence who are preparing to start new lives in the United States. Casa de los Amigos is the first step in the U.S. for its young people, many of whom are fleeing violence and have been disconnected from school for years.
The position requires an individual who can actively contribute to a positive, stable, responsive and responsible environment for change.
- 1 or more years of experience successfully working in an educational setting or providing educational support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and verbal.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements including but not limited to DSHS background check and must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, or a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency and comfort in teaching literacy and math.
- Course work, experience, or training in child or human development, education, English-as a-Second Language, mental illness, group dynamics, residential treatment, or related experience highly preferred.