Under the direction of the Building Official or the designee, this position performs inspections and plan reviews for electrical and/or mechanical components of commercial and residential buildings to ensure compliance with National Electrical Code; International mechanical Code; State Energy Codes; other applicable State laws; and the City of Lynnwood Municipal Code and ordinances.
Includes, but is not limited to, such essential functions as listed below:
- Inspect buildings for electrical and/or mechanical installations for conformance with the appropriate codes, regulations and plans/specifications.
- Monitor construction projects to detect conditions which may require changes in the construction sequence; inform builders of code violations and necessary action for compliance.
- May perform plan reviews of electrical, mechanical and fire life safety components of commercial and residential buildings to ensure compliance with National Electrical Code; International mechanical Code; State Energy Codes; other applicable State laws; and the City of Lynnwood Municipal Code and ordinances.
- Answer questions by telephone, email, at the counter, or in the field regarding code requirements for construction, electrical, mechanical, permit application requirements, and other construction related questions.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning alleged violations of City ordinances; assist code enforcement with concerns related to new and existing structures.
- Maintain records and files.
- Evaluates buildings and other structures for electrical and general life safety issues during disasters and emergences. Advises owners and /or occupants of status. Assists with evacuation of occupants and owners as required.
- Conduct pre-construction and other meetings as needed.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Current license with the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries as an (01) Journeyman Electrician for a minimum of four years and possess an Administrator license within six months of date of hire, OR be licensed as a Master Electrician.
Preferred 4 years of directly-related experience in municipal or state inspections and an ICC certification as a Commercial or Residential Mechanical Inspector within one year of hire.
Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver's license at time of hire.
This position is represented by Local 3035, Council 2, Washington State Council of County and City Employees AFSCME / AFL-CIO.
This position is open until filled.