Phinney Neighborhood Association
Facilities Maintenance Specialist Job Announcement, 20 hours a week
Phinney Neighborhood Association Mission
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic engagement.
The PNA is committed to building a culture of equity and inclusion, believing that a diversity of staff, Board, and programming is essential to achieving our mission. We are looking for someone who is willing to work with and challenge this organization and the community to be our most respectful, accepting, and sympathetic selves.
PNA seeks a part-time Facilities Maintenance Specialist (20 hours a week) for maintenance in our campus buildings and on our campus grounds. Additional duties during the summer include providing support for the Phinney Farmers Market on Fridays and occasional events. This position reports to the Facilities Director.
Process work orders, which could include, but are not limited to:
- Site/building interior: wall patch, painting, window repair/adjustment, deep cleaning, running a buffer
- Site/building exterior: Graffiti removal, brick repair, farmers market support
- Grounds Maintenance: Mowing, weeding, pruning, watering, trash removal, curb appeal tasks
- Experience in commercial grounds maintenance, and skills operating commercial equipment required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience and proven success in facilities maintenance or work order processing
- Proven record of understanding, performing, and completing work orders in a timely fashion
- Internal or external customer service experience
- Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills
- Team-orientation and appreciation for community-building mission of the PNA
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Position requires occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds, including room set-up and take down, and ability to climb stairs and walk between buildings on Phinney Center campus
- Ability to pass national criminal background check
This is a 20 hour per week Monday through Friday position paying $18-20/hour DOE. Benefits include: health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; and 8 paid holidays (total paid time off first year: 5.5 weeks). We offer a convivial, positive, and flexible working environment.
About the Phinney Neighborhood Association
Headquartered in a former elementary school, the PNA has developed an active community center that not only serves as a focus of the Phinney/Greenwood neighborhood, but offers programs and activities that reach far beyond the immediate neighborhood, at four different sites in Phinney, Greenwood, and Ballard. Current programs include two preschool cooperatives, a licensed preschool and school age program at Whittier Elementary School, a hot meal program, the Greenwood Senior Center, PNA Village, a tool lending library, a business membership program, family memberships, room rentals, and countless special events that bring friends and neighbors together. We co-sponsor a summer farmers market, weekly folk music concerts, and other community events. The PNA serves over 23,000 people each year, has 70 staff, 1,100 volunteers, and an annual budget of $3.6 million. The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally diverse work place. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume and a cover letter that indicates your interest and how you meet the minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload at phinneycenter.org/jobs. Preference given to candidates who apply by September 2, 2022 at 5 pm.