Foster Care Services Supervisor – Home Study Team (King or Pierce County based)
Amara is committed to positive long-term outcomes for children and families. We drive systemic change, promote healing, and advance racial and LGBTQIA+ equity by offering programs and services to families engaged with foster care and to adoptees and families, post-adoption.
At Amara, we believe that a supportive, equitable and inclusive workplace, where everyone feels valued, trusted, and nurtured, is key to shaping organizational culture and investing in underrepresented communities. Amara believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace enhances our ability to fulfill our mission. We strongly invite candidates from diverse backgrounds, including communities of color, the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
We are seeking a new Foster Care Services Supervisor to become an integral and valued part of our Home Study team working to achieve Amara’s vision. This position can be based from either our Seattle or Tacoma office. The Home Study Team works with families from our whole service area which may include families from Lewis to Whatcom counties, but predominately includes families in King and Pierce counties.
The Foster Care Services Supervisor reports to the Associate Director of Programs - Foster Care and is an integral part of our Foster Care Program. This individual will be responsible for providing a wide range of services on behalf of children in need of permanency, including, but not limited to, the following:
Supervision of Foster Care Specialists (35-45%)
- A BSW or equivalent (social services, human services, behavioral science, or allied field) is the minimum requirement with an MSW or equivalent being preferred
- Three years of direct service experience in child welfare or a closely allied field (which can include internship experience) is required
- Experience writing pre-placement reports/home studies required
- Knowledge of and completed training in the SAFE (Structured Assessment Family Evaluation) home study methodology a plus
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the child welfare system is required
- Experience in the child welfare system (foster care and adoption) is highly preferred
- A valid Washington State driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and use of own vehicle
- Provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19
- Two years of paid experience providing clinical supervision is highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, high level of professionalism and ability to work independently
- Ability to flex hours to accommodate client and staff needs on an occasional basis
- Strong familiarity with resources in King and Pierce Counties
- Cross-cultural responsiveness relative to age, race, ethnicity, belief systems, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and economic circumstances
- Broad use of clinical skills in writing, advocacy, communication, assessment, training, and supervision
- Ability to confidently navigate complex conversations with staff and families
- Ability to represent the clinical team professionally and knowledgeably within Amara, and represent Amara in our community
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with a salary of $59,500 - $63,400, DOE. Generous personal leave and benefits package, including paid time off, paid sabbatical, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with a company match, life, and disability insurance.
Criminal Background Check
Because this position has access to confidential client, employee, or financial information OR direct interaction with children, any final candidate hired into this position must successfully pass a criminal background check performed by the State of Washington. Any job offer is contingent on successfully passing this background check. A list of disqualifying convictions for this position is available here.
To express your interest in this position, please submit your resume, a one-page cover letter indicating why this position is the right opportunity for you, and a writing sample of 3-5 pages that highlights your clinical and written communication skills in Smart Recruiters at https://smrtr.io/6ZjMM
Resumes submitted without a cover letter or writing sample will not be considered.
Amara requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement is designed to prioritize the safety of the children and families we serve. Exemptions may be sought only for documented medical or religious accommodations.
Amara is an Equal Opportunity Employer