The City of Lynnwood is seeking to hire some temporary General Laborers - Custodians! These will be swing shift and/or graveyard positions. These positions could lead to fulltime, fully benefited positions in early 2021.
The General Laborer - Custodian will perform a variety of semi-skilled duties. Utilize hand and power tools and may operate light vehicles. Duties also include janitorial work. These positions are located within the Building and Property Services division.
Essential Job Functions
Includes but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
- Perform custodial duties for assigned buildings.
- Vacuum, spot clean carpets, steam clean carpets.
- Mop, strip, seal, and polish floors.
- Remove trash and debris, empty wastebaskets.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, sinks, and water fountains; replenish tissue, towels, and soap.
- Dust and clean offices and conference rooms.
- Report when supplies are needed.
- Maintain regular attendance
Must be at least 18 years old. Ability to complete and learn basic custodial tasks. Must pass a city background check. Must be able to work the graveyard shift.
This is a 3-4 month full-time, temporary non-benefited position that could go permanent, fulltime eligible in early 2021.