The City of Lynnwood Public Works Utilities department is seeking two (2) temporary, non benefitted General Laborers!
This position performs a variety of semi-skilled street and utilities maintenance duties. This position uses hand and power tools and safely operates light vehicles. The position is within the Public Works Department and works under the supervisory direction of the Utility Maintenance Supervisor, Utility Foreman or Utility Lead Worker.
Includes but is not limited to such essential functions as listed below:
- Shovels materials including dirt, debris and landscape materials; assembles simple plumbing arrangements and assists in installing pipelines under the direction of regular staff.
- Prepares asphalt areas for repair, shovels and rakes asphalt.
- Flags traffic and ensures safety of crews and the public.
- Clears debris and plant matter from streets and utility sites and prepares surfaces for work.
- Operates, cleans and carries hand and power tools including jack hammers and power washers.
- Paints buildings, fire hydrants, pavement and other objects.
- Assists in spreading and finishing concrete and asphalt work.
- Assists in operating utilities equipment.
- Locates flushes and operates utility infrastructure.
- Cleans work areas and tools.
- Performs routine maintenance on City vehicles and equipment.
- Performs routine data input and research.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Must be at least 18 years old, have knowledge of operation and maintenance of hand tools and have knowledge of construction techniques. Must possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and a driving record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier. Prior experience in construction or landscaping is preferred. Must obtain flagging and traffic control certifications at earliest convenience. Must have experience with media platforms such as Microsoft Office and an iPad.
This is a full-time, temporary non-benefitted position.