Nov 13, 2020
We empower young people, families, and communities to break the cycle of homelessness through outreach, housing and prevention. Through our programs, we serve hundreds of youth and their families throughout Snohomish County. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.cocoonhouse.org
We’re looking for an HR Recruiter:
Job purpose: This position will be primarily responsible for full-cycle recruiting of all positions within the Agency. They will manage the posting, screening and scheduling of applicants with the hiring managers, as well as the pre-employment reference checking, background check licensing requirements, and the job offers. This position also serves our current employees with business card orders/reorders, and employee Badge creation and inventory.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Pay: $19.00-$21.00 per hour, DOE
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Benefits: Eligible for benefits after 60 days
Duties and responsibilities:
• Job posting management that results in effectively marketing the Agency to qualified applicant pools
• Resume screening to include initial phone screening of applicants to ensure qualifications of position are met
• Scheduling interviews for HR Director and hiring manager/interview panels
• Previous Employment Verifications and Employee Reference checks prior to offer
• Professional communication with applicants not selected
• Scheduling In-Processing appointments with all appropriate staff
• Track New Employee participation for Orientations
• Track and order business cards for all staff
• Create and track all employee badges for Agency
• Other duties as assigned
• BA in Human Resources or equivalent and 2+ years’ experience in a Human Resources department, or equivalent experience
• Experience with, and comfortable with using, Microsoft Office suite products
• Proven track record of successful recruiting strategies
• Experience in applicant selection, training, compensation and negotiations
• Demonstrable skills in attention to detail and effective time management
• Exceptional communication skills, in both written and verbal format, and understanding of confidentiality
• Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility and a positive outlook
• Ability to multi-task and change priorities as needed
• Ability to pass a DCYF background check
• Valid Washington State driver’s license
• Mobility: ability to sit for long periods, move about an office, stand occasionally, reach above and below desk level
• Dexterity: fine manipulation sufficient to operate a keyboard, handle individual papers, write and take notes
• Lifting: occasional lifting of papers, files, equipment and material weighing up to 25 pounds
• Visual Requirements: close vision sufficient to read files, documents, and computer screens and do close-up work; ability to adjust focus frequently
• Hearing/Talking: ability to hear typical speech, speak and hear on the telephone, and speak in person
• Emotional/Psychological Factors: ability to make decisions and concentrate; frequent contact with others including some public contact; frequent deadlines and time-limited assignments
• Must have the ability to run up and down indoor and outdoor stairwells in case of youth emergency.
• Communicate effectively with youth, staff, other programs, vendors and the public, both orally and in writing.
• Hear voice conversations and alarms.
• Possess close vision, far vision, side vision, depth perception, visual ability to read a variety of materials.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to reach, handle and operate telephone, computer keyboard, record information in appropriate youth files and logs.
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities if requested.
Cocoon House is strongly committed to removing barriers and supporting inclusion and diversity in all its forms. We strive to create a safe and open atmosphere for young people, families, staff, board members, community partners and funders. We learn from the diverse individuals we work with and embrace their unique attributes to ensure we fulfill our agency mission and core values. Cocoon House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to provide equal opportunity for all persons without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected under the law. People of color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic workforce, committed to working in a multicultural environment and we strongly encourage applications from veterans, and marginalized populations; including people of color, women and those in the LGBTQ community. We encourage those with personal experience with homelessness to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please email a resume and cover letter in Word or PDF format, along with your personal email address, to email@example.com. No phone calls accepted. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Check out all of our employment opportunities at: http://www.cocoonhouse.org/employment: