Jan 25, 2021
2021 POSITION DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
The Lead Programmer will oversee and execute programming with committees for Translations: Seattle Transgender Film Festival 2021, as well as help coordinate volunteers and events for the festival. This position is paid via an honorarium of $2000 for the entire contract period.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Coordinate Translations in a way that fulfills the mission and goals of TDBC.
● Maintain standards of excellence in programming.
● Moderate events during the festival
● Develop and maintain relationships with the queer community in Seattle, as well as the film industry.
● Research and scout new trans films for the festival
● Keep within the programming budget for Translations.
● Oversee marketing strategies, including social media, newsletters, and required video content for programs.
● Convene and supervise Translations Screening Committee.
● Oversee creation of sizzle reel and trailer videos for Translations
● Provide Staff with programming content for Translations website, blog, mass email, and social media.
● Oversee Volunteer Coordinator for Translations
● Expected to commit 10-15 hours per week
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Supervision of others including cultivating, motivating, and recognizing.
● Familiar with history of queer film and queer film theory.
● Working knowledge of the film industry and film festival community.
● Connection to the queer community.
● Comfortable with team management and decision-making.
● Flexible and accessible with regard to working at all levels of the organization.
● Good organizational and leadership skills, persistence, self-confidence and follow through.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
● Committed to working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, and racial diversity.
● $2000 total honorarium
● One (1) Festival pass for Translations
● One (1) Film Fan Membership
● Written and verbal reference
Email your resumé with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Lead Programmer in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
ABOUT THREE DOLLAR BILL CINEMA
Three Dollar Bill Cinema strengthens, connects, and reflects diverse communities through queer film and media. We provide access to films by, for, and about LGBTQ2+ please and their families and a forum for LGBTQ2+ filmmakers to share and discuss their work with audiences.
TRANSLATIONS: SEATTLE TRANSGENDER FILM FESTIVAL
Three Dollar Bill Cinema presents this groundbreaking film festival to provide the Pacific Northwest with a venue for films by, for, and about transgender people, encouraging visibility and positive representations of transgender issues. Launched in 2006, Translations is one of only a few transgender film festivals in the world.
Three Dollar Bill Cinema is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender and sexual identities, and persons living with disabilities, to apply to come part of our organization