Founded in 2008, Legends is a premium experiences company with more than 1,500 full-time and 30,000 seasonal team members globally. Legends has six divisions operating worldwide - Global Planning, Global Sales, Hospitality, Global Partnerships, Global Merchandise, and Global Technology Solutions - offering clients and partners a 360-degree service solution platform to elevate their brand and execute their vision. Currently, Legends works with marquee clients across business verticals including professional sports; collegiate; attractions; entertainment; and conventions and leisure. We are the industry leaders in designing, planning and realizing exceptional experiences in sports and entertainment.
Global Attractions is one of Legends’ newest business verticals and is quickly expanding. Starting with One World Observatory sitting high above Manhattan at the top of the tallest building in the Western hemisphere and now expanding all over the world, the Attractions vertical brings together all of Legends 360-degree capabilities to develop unparalleled experience in one awe-inspiring space, featuring some of the most spectacular views and newest technology around the world. For each location, we operate the tour experience, ticket sales, hospitality offerings, special events, and sponsorship - all to elevate the guest experience at the top. Some of the venues include One World Observatory in NYC, The View at the Shard in London, Sky View Observatory in Seattle, and more.
As a new addition in our fastest growing business vertical, Legends designed and operates Sky View Observatory (“SVO”), an innovative guest experience on the 73rd floor of the Columbia Center. SVO has set a new standard in the observatory experience in Seattle, providing breathtaking 360-degree panoramic views of Mt. Rainier, Bellevue, and beyond.
The Marketing & Sales Manager serves as a key member of Sky View’s integrated sales and marketing team, taking ownership of the venue’s marketing, sales and communications portfolio. The position will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects to drive awareness and conversion. The successful candidate will help support the day to day objectives for the venue’s sales and marketing strategy.
- Develops the integrated communications strategy for SVO’s paid, earned and owned media
- Effectively manages group sales efforts, including the development of an innovative outreach plan, partnerships, and educational programs in order to maximize group ticket revenue sales
- Measures and reports performance of all marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Effectively manages Media Buy and PR Agency efforts; recommends resource allocations and manages budgets
- Performs research, analysis and develops special event, profit-generating opportunities
- Proactively solicits new business by making sales calls and presentations, attending domestic and international trade shows and conferences, and engaging in other client prospecting
- Creates and tracks leads and develops long-term relationships in the event planning, group, tour & travel, and corporate marketing communities
- Develops and delivers strategic, integrated marketing plans that support and develop the SVO brand, creates consumer awareness and interest, and delivers annual projected visitor attendance and revenue
- Serves as the key communications “account manager” for SVO’s businesses and as key contact for executing with agency partners and third parties
- Communicates SVO’s brand standards with internal and external partners to ensure the consistent implementation of brand guidelines
- Collaborates with local business, schools, churches, corporations, travel and tourism
- Oversees daily revenue tracking, database management; ensures accuracy of contracts and invoices, and consistently use and update accounts within CRM (i.e. Salesforce, Tripleseat)
- Maintains open communications and builds effective partnerships and relationships within Legends Attractions, SVO venue team, building ownership and external stakeholders
- Creates, implements, and executes eCommerce Products through SVO’s online ticketing platform
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, business or related field
- Two to three (2-3) years professional experience in a high-volume marketing and/or sales leadership role. Experience in tourism, events and/or attractions a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics, email marketing platforms, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Thorough knowledge of advertising media principles, strategies, techniques and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an aptitude for copywriting and proofreading
- Familiarity with Point of Sale (‘POS’) systems to support Food and Beverage and Merchandise Operations, Ticketing and Private Events
- Knowledge of Seattle local and regional markets, venue operations and special events industries.
- Experience in the hospitality, tourism, live entertainment, sports industry or other ticket selling industries strongly preferred
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of data analysis, research process, ticket sales patterns and demographic trends
- Must be creative and resourceful with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, with the ability to balance creativity and innovation with practical solutions
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change on a daily basis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge in web development; maintain and add new content/features to the SVO website
- Non traditional hours, including- nights, weekends, & holidays
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetics