Reports to: Vice President of Sales | Advertising Director
Puget Sound Business Journal is seeking a dynamic professional to join its growing sales team. The successful candidate is a top producer with strong consultative sales skills with a proven track record of success in prospecting, business development, and client service. In addition, they excel in developing integrated marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including digital, print, and events. Qualified applicants must be comfortable working with business owners, managing partners, and C-level executives.
If you thrive in an environment where you can truly deliver value to your clients, consider joining the PSBJ’s exclusive team.
- Prospecting is a crucial element of this position; it requires identifying and qualifying new clients for our digital, print, special publications and events.
- Generate advertising revenue by consistently meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments and prospecting calls min. ten appts a week.
- Develop and maintain strong C-level client relationships.
- Maintain CRM for account management and appropriately manage their sales funnel.
- Represent PSBJ at company-sponsored and community events.
- Contribute to a positive team environment with high energy and enthusiasm for sales.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of two years of experience selling media, sponsorships, and integrated marketing campaigns or equivalent experience in B to B sales.
- Experience in digital sales is a plus. Or equivalent in enterprise/mid-market sales B to B.
- Must have strong phone skills and a willingness to cold call.
- A proven track record of consistent revenue growth and activity.
- Effective time management skills using Salesforce or CRM to drive new and existing business.
- The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Experience in MS Office 365, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
Contact: Qualified applicants can forward a resume to:
Vice President of Sales | Advertising Director
PBSJ’s mission is to provide area business leaders with news essential to running and growing their businesses. For advertisers, it is an ideal and efficient solution to reach their target audience. PSBJ’s media professionals focus their efforts on quality journalism, innovative marketing, and exemplary customer service. PSBJ is owned by American City Business Journals (ACBJ). ACBJ owns 44 business publications online and in print across the country, offering exclusive, in-depth business coverage.
In addition, ACBJ owns and operates SportsBusiness Journal, SportsBusiness Daily, SportsBusiness Daily Global, Inside Lacrosse, NASCAR Illustrated, and Hemmings Motor News. ACBJ is a unit of Advance Publications, Inc.
American City Business Journals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state, or federal law.