For more information please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle/jobs/3004928/preschool-enrollment-supervisor
Early Learning for children is becoming one of the major social justice issues of our time. Children's access to high quality programming and education from their early years can have enormous impacts on their future education. The Department of Education and Early Learning (DEEL) supports and facilitates many Early Learning programs across Seattle as part of our mission to transform the lives of Seattle’s children, youth, and families through strategic investments in education. To support this mission, we are looking for a Preschool Enrollment Supervisor who will directly supervise a team of three Preschool Enrollment Coordinators in the delivery of exceptional customer service, family support, and program enrollment assistance for early learning programs.
Preschool Enrollment Coordinators function as a team of highly skilled enrollment coordinators, interacting directly with enrollment teams at preschools to process and verify paperwork for enrollment and supporting families in identifying enrollment options and referring parents to additional resources. As a unit, the team has helped a record number of families enroll in the Seattle Preschool Program and have helped more families get access to childcare subsidies than ever before. In this newly established role, you will lead and support the Preschool Enrollment Coordinators in their work and determine tools, procedures, processes, and supports that will allow the team to serve families and providers even better. Continuous quality improvement is critical to ensuring a low-barrier program while functioning within legislated parameters.
The Department of Education & Early Learning strives to embed the City’s Race and Social Justice Initiative into its education objectives and seeks staff that value the importance of working together as a government and community to eliminate racial disparities and achieve racial equity. Our core values of equity, results, stewardship, transparency, and collaboration guide our work, support our operations, and hold us accountable.
You will be prepared to take on this role if you are:
- Experienced with interpreting policy
- Committed to serving families in the community
- Passionate about service and relationships with sometimes high-need clients
- Humble and ready to collaborate, even if the answer wasn't your idea
- Skilled in coaching and developing individuals in social service settings
- An experienced supervisor, dedicated to maintaining a thriving work environment for the team
- Fiercely detail-oriented and organized in your work
- Comfortable with technology and tapping into its potential to help provide better service
Your most common tasks will include:
- Establishing processes and procedures to support annual preschool enrollment
- Maintaining a caseload of preschool providers alongside the Preschool Enrollment Coordinators, including managing enrollment offers and communication with parents
- Ensuring high quality customer service for all stakeholders – internal teammates and external partners
- Partnering with outreach/communication staff to determine recruitment priorities and outreach messaging
- Setting strategy for long-term partnerships with community-based partners
- Serving as point person for the creation of new recruitment materials
- Collaborating with Early Learning’s Performance and Evaluation team to lead the annual selection process, along with ensuring fidelity of the process
- Maintaining and updating data tracking tools with recommended changes and supervising Preschool Enrollment Coordinators’ use of these tools
- Establishing standard operating procedures for database maintenance related to enrollment data
- Auditing enrollment data in DEEL’s custom database to ensure data entry accuracy
- Serving as superuser with custom Dynamics 365 database, “CHIPS”
Provider Support and Technical Assistance:
- Establishing standards/expectations for provider support related to contract monitoring and preschool enrollment
- Determining training needs for providers and collaborating with Preschool Enrollment Coordinators to deliver helpful training modules
- Supporting Preschool Enrollment Coordinator team in resolving parent or provider complaints
- Collaborating closely with the Assistant Operations Manager (direct supervisor)
- Preparing internal and external correspondence, including the translation of any required materials for preschool enrollment
- Serving as lead to the Preschool Enrollment Coordinators in problem-solving and supporting providers and families
- Recommending policy shifts to Early Learning Operations Manager regarding recruitment, eligibility, and enrollment
- Collaborating with Assistant Manager on goal setting and monitoring
- Managing Preschool Enrollment Coordinators to identify and finalize enrollment capacity at each partner location
In addition to the ability to perform the tasks described above, you will need to possess the below required qualifications (or a combination of education, training or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class):
- Associate degree in Social Science, Human Service, Business, Public Administration, or a related field
- Three years of experience in human services administration, service delivery, community organizing, contract administration, or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Human Service, Business, Public Administration, or a related field
- Two year of experience in human services administration, service delivery, community organizing, contract administration, or related experience
- Four years of experience in human services administration, service delivery, community organizing, contract administration, or related experience
In addition to:
- Ability to pass a criminal background and education check
This position is classified as a Human Services Program Supervisor and is governed by a collective bargaining agreement between the City and the union, PTE Local 17 – Professional. This body of work is currently performed remotely and will be reassessed after the Stay at Home order has been lifted.
DEEL supports the City of Seattle's Race and Social Justice Initiative to end institutionalized racism by eliminating barriers to access, providing the staff and public with opportunities for growth, and developing equitable access to the programs and services we offer. If you share those values and meet the qualifications, we invite you to apply for this position. Please visit http://www.seattle.gov/education to learn more about the Department of Education & Early Learning.
The first round of interviews for this position are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 14, with the second round taking place during the week of April 19.
You must submit your complete application, including attaching both a cover letter and resume, at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/seattle no later than 4:00 PM Pacific Time on Tuesday, March 30, 2021. The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Applicants will be considered regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition, or pregnancy. The Department of Education & Early Learning encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse life experiences. If you have questions, please contact Lindsey King at Lindsey.King@seattle.gov.