FTE: 40 Hrs/WK = 1 FTE
Pay Rate: $58,240 annually
Link to apply though ATS: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1386
APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Workforce Development, the Program Manager (II) of Youth Workforce Training and Development (North End Services) will coordinate the internal day to day program operations of our internships and career planning programming, in addition to identifying areas of growth and collaborating with E&E leadership to develop and implement new programs and services that will build pathways to living-wage employment for YouthCare graduates. The internships and career planning team are responsible for developing and facilitating Tier I-V job readiness curriculum, youth workforce, and sector-focused training programs, and career placements/internships for youth in our residential programs and at our UDYC engagement center, including those concurrently enrolled in sector-focused, pre-employment, and workforce development programs elsewhere in the agency.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- 2 or more years of experience in an employment or educational setting.
- 1 or more years of successfully working with Opportunity Young people
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements
- 2 or more years of experience in program administration or equivalent with Opportunity Young people.
- 1 or more years of experience documenting outcomes for grant compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social work, or related field
- Leadership or teaching experience with Opportunity Young people or similar nontraditional populations.
- Course work, experience, or training in education, child or human development, chemical dependency, mental illness, group dynamics, residential treatment, or related experience highly preferred. (Knowledge of industry?)
Clinician (Bilingual Spanish & English) - $3,000 new