FTE: 40 Hrs/WK = 1 FTE
Pay Rate: $64,480 annually
APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Orion Center, the Program Manager - Engagement Services will oversee and coordinate all aspects of outreach programming for young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people. This includes street outreach, community-based outreach, under 18 case management, housing navigation, and on-site drop-in center.
- 5 or more years of experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
- 5 or more years in a supervisory position, preferably in with case managers and/or outreach setting
- Deep understanding of care philosophy including harm reduction, trauma informed care, CSEC, positive youth development, and conflict resolution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Service or relevant field
- 8 or more years of experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking ability