FTE: 40 Hrs/WK = 1 FTE
Pay Rate: $64,480 annually
Link to apply through ATS: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1374
APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
ABOUT YouthCare’s YouthBuild program: YouthBuild programs provide pathways for youth and young adults who are out-of-school and out of work to a living wage job. All over the world YouthBuild programs unleash the positive energy of low-income young people to rebuild their communities and their lives, breaking the cycle of poverty with a commitment to work, education, family, and community. At YouthCare’s YouthBuild, located at South Seattle College’s Georgetown Campus, young people learn construction skills through building affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in their neighborhoods while they complete their GED or prepare for post-secondary education or apprenticeships in the building trades.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Workforce Development, the Program Manager of Workforce Development Programs will coordinate and oversee the educational, leadership development, counseling, and workforce components of the YouthBuild program, as well as other workforce development pilot and pathway programs related to the YouthCare Academy Project, specifically, Workforce Development Programming. The Program Manager, Workforce Development Programs, will work on the sector focused/industry training elements of the YouthCare Academy in collaboration with the Program Manager, Educational Advancement and Associate Director, Workforce Development, including program design and implementation, as well as supporting the development and management of various strategic partnerships.
This is an exciting time to join YouthCare. We’ve completed an 18-month strategic planning process and are focused on deepening our mission, vision, values, centering social justice in our approach to our work internally and within the broader community.
- Knowledge of and direct experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
- 3 or more years of experience leading and supervising youth development/training programs; particularly those serving youth ages 16-24.
- 3 or more years in curriculum development and design and/or experience teaching or tutoring successfully in a secondary school and/or adult basic education setting.
- Experience hiring and training staff, developing, and implementing policies, managing budgets, working with volunteers, and managing contracts (including performance-based contracts)
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking and experience facilitating multi-disciplinary teams, groups, and meetings. Must be a self-starter and team player with the ability to work with other staff members, participants, vendors, and the public.
- BA in Social Work, Education, Youth Development, or related field. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered instead of formal education.
- Secondary teaching credentials or experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Youth Development or related field.
- Working knowledge of education and Training institutions in King County including Washington State Labor Council, Labor and Industries, Seattle Colleges, Seattle Public Schools, Private Construction Companies, Local Labor Unions, and Pre-Apprenticeship Programs.
- 4 or more years in a supervisory position in an educational setting.
- Excellent organizational, clinical, interpersonal, supervisory, writing, and management skills