FTE: 40 Hrs/WK = 1 FTE
Pay Rate: $64,480 annually
Link to apply through ATS: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=YOUTHCARE&cws=39&rid=1355
APPLICATION PROCESS - Please submit a cover letter and resume for this position when applying.
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
ABOUT OVER-18 HOUSING PROGRAMS : Our transitional and independent living housing programs serve young adults ages 18-24 in assisting them in pursing education and trainings to help them transition to safe independent living.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is embedded in YouthCare's Catalyst and ISIS programs. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Young Adult Transitional Housing Services, the Young Adult Transitional Housing Program Manager will manage the operations of YouthCare's transitional living group homes, Catalyst and ISIS Ravenna House. Management of the program includes hiring & supervision of Site Program Management, providing onsite and one-on-one supervision of staff, crisis intervention, participating in meetings, record keeping, and reporting, and implementation of programming in accordance with YouthCare and funding source procedures, rules, and guidelines. Must have strong management and organizational skills as well as the ability to be flexible while maintaining a safe environment.
- 4 or more years of experience successfully managing staff in an outreach, shelter or housing setting that serves vulnerable young people or young adults in a crisis.
- 4 or more years’ experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
- Must be able to respond in person and address emergent and safety concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Course work, experience, or training in child or human development, chemical dependency, mental illness, group dynamics, residential treatment, or related experience highly preferred.