Programming and Admin Intern
Jan 25, 2021
Three Dollar Bill Cinema fosters deeper community engagement by showcasing queer film programming, educational experiences, and social dialogue. We provide access to films by, for, and about LGBTQ2+ people and their families and a forum for LGBTQ2+ filmmakers to share and discuss their work with audiences.
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
The unpaid programming and administrative intern position provides learning and professional development opportunities for someone entering the film festival industry. This internship works with the Programs and Operations Coordinator in the implementation of the overall festival plan for the Translations: Seattle Transgender Film Festival. This position’s responsibilities include: being part of the screening committee, coordination with filmmakers/distributors, keeping track of submissions, community outreach, print traffic, and film guide copy-writing and editing, as well as other programming and administrative duties.
INTERNSHIP DATES January 10, 2021 to June 1, 2021
Reports to the Programs and Operations Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Attend screening committee meetings, watch submissions, and write program blurbs. ● Send out acceptance and rejection notifications.
● Assist with program book production (copy-editing, page numbers, etc.).
● Print traffic quality-checking.
● Collection of film stills for program guide and website.
● Assist staff and volunteers to provide marketing info about films and filmmakers as well as screeners and stills.
● Marketing (social media, video, streaming), assist with website editing
● Community outreach
● Administrative tasks as needed
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Familiarity with queer and transgender communities
● Working knowledge of the film industry and film festival community
● Love of film.
● Great organizational skills and follow-through in managing detailed projects.
● Ability to use Google Suite, Microsoft Office
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience using social media in a marketing context
● Ability to have clear, courteous communication via email, phone, and in person.
● Flexible and accessible with regard to working in all areas of the organization ● Committed to working with people of varying socioeconomic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender orientations, and racial diversity
● One (1) Festival pass for Translations
● One (1) Film Fan Membership
● Written and verbal reference
● Flexible virtual internship structure: opportunity for flexible hours, and/or a tailored plan within the guidelines to meet requirements of your academic program (Class credit fulfillment)
● Opportunity to work behind the scenes and experience the largest LGBTQ2+ film festival in the region
Email your resumé with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Please indicate Programming/Admin Intern in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
ABOUT THREE DOLLAR BILL CINEMA
Three Dollar Bill Cinema strengthens, connects, and reflects diverse communities through queer film and media. We provide access to films by, for, and about LGBTQ2+ please and their families and a forum for LGBTQ2+ filmmakers to share and discuss their work with audiences.
TRANSLATIONS: SEATTLE TRANSGENDER FILM FESTIVAL
Three Dollar Bill Cinema presents this groundbreaking film festival to provide the Pacific Northwest with a venue for films by, for, and about transgender people, encouraging visibility and positive representations of transgender issues. Launched in 2006, Translations is one of only a few transgender film festivals in the world.
Three Dollar Bill Cinema is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender and sexual identities, and persons living with disabilities, to apply to come part of our organization.