by Jeff Boyer, Senior Development Officer
| Aug 15, 2022
This past weekend was our annual Leadership Immersion Weekend for our GSBA Scholars. Due to lingering concerns about COVID-19, we opted to do it virtually again this year.
Seeing our scholars come together and host sessions, conduct interviews, ask important questions and share their knowledge and view of the world, makes me feel confident that our world is in good hands with our future leaders!
Our sessions this year included:
- Zine-Making in Queer History with Whit Fraleigh
- Your Financial Journey - Credit Health with Rocky Fong
- Leadership Selfie Collage with GSBA Scholar Alum Tiffany-Ashton Gatsby
- The Power of Storytelling Through Burlesque with Mx. Pucks A’Plenty
- Are Side Hustles Worth It? with US Bank Goals Coaches Tamara Clark and Marlie Love
- Are You Financially Fit? With US Bank Goals Coaches Tiffany Fritchman and Kacey Lorenzen
- Building Your Own Movement with Alex Mora from LegalizeThey
- Navigating College Resources with Ruby Hayden
- IN-Clued Sex Education with Emily Lerner and Michael Martinez from GLSEN
- Money - What You Didn’t Learn Growing Up with US Bank Goals Coaches Kacey Lorenzen and Lisa Schuss
- Self-Advocacy in the Face of Imposter Syndrome with GSBA Scholar Alum Alejandra Silva Hernandez
- 2SLGBTQ2IA+ Social Justice Movements and Moments with GSBA Scholar Alum Astro Pittman
- Mindfulness Practice through Horticulture Therapy with current GSBA Scholar Skylar Kaylen of The Curious Seedling
- Interviews with Washington Supreme Court Justice Mary Yu and Jaimée Marsh.
A big thank you to each of our presenters this year, we couldn’t have done it without you!